Search site
Council tax

Council Tax

Council Tax funds the services New Forest District Council provides together with those provided by Hampshire County Council, the Local Town and Parish Councils, Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority and the Hampshire Police and Crime Commissioner. Central Government gives every council a Revenue Support Grant, based on the needs, resources and population of the local area. However, this is never enough to finance all the services. To make up the difference each Billing Authority charges Council Tax.

Top tasks

Contact Us Pay online Direct Debit Logo Tell us you are moving
How to contact usPay onlinePaying by Direct DebitTo tell us about a change of address
Thinking of buying a property? Council Tax 2014/15 Claiming a discount if you live on your own How to make a claim?
Thinking of buying a property?
How to check if the Council Tax band could change?
2016/17 council tax rates and details about how the money we collect is spentClaiming a discount if you live on your ownReduction scheme for persons on a low income
Student Discount Review Warning about Council Tax scams   
Council Tax Student Review FormWarning about Council Tax scams  
Updated: 11 Oct 2016
Powered by GOSS iCM