Search site

Housing Insurance

Online ContactEmail: Customer Services          Tel:  023 8028 5222

Home insurance is divided into two types: buildings insurance and contents insurance.  As a council house tenant, we cover the buildings insurance, but we do not insure the contents or possessions that belong to you.

For people who lose all of their possessions, in a house fire, flood, or burglary for example, and do not have insurance, the loss can be devastating and very expensive. We strongly advise you to have contents insurance, available from a variety of companies.

We provide information in our sign up packs to new tenants regarding contents insurance and the importance of having this. Searching the term 'contents insurance' online or looking for 'insurance' in a telephone directory are useful places to start. 

We have buildings insurance for our council properties, including tenants' houses. If a fire damages or destroys a property, we would claim on our insurance for the cost of repairing or rebuilding the property.

Council tenants may make insurance claims against us for any damage we cause to tenant's personal possessions or injury to the tenant or members of the tenant's family. Any claims made will be fully investigated.

If you are unsure whether or not you could make a claim against us, please contact customer services (see above) or seek independent advice.

Updated: 12 Oct 2017
Powered by GOSS iCM